Sunday, February 28, 2010

I never claimed I was a genius.

Simple misunderstandings can have an extreme impact on one's day.   Today was that day for me.   I misunderstood the meaning of the phrase "quit day."  I had assumed that the defininition of "quit day" was the day that you had your last cigarette, which I had determined to be today.   A friend informed me earlier today that a quit day is actually your first day that you don't have a cigarette.

So, here I am feeling like a fool and still smoking...yet I am still determined.  Tonight will be my last cigarette.  As the day approaches, I certainly do NOT feel that it's the correct time, but I'm simply looking for excuses to quit quitting.  Stressors increase and so does the desire for a smoke in times such as this, but I shall overcome.

Now, I've got at least 3 days of irritability to look forward to, so I intend to spend a little more time on this blog to keep my mind off my addiction.   Within the next day or two I intend to answer the question that I've been asked the most since I made my announcement.  "Why?"   Most of my friends and family have found one way or another to show their support, but almost everyone asks me why I've chosen to quit and why now.   Answers will follow.

To all a good night.

- Dave

No comments: